My friend posted this on Facebook and I just think it would be very cool to take up the challenge :D I have one more year to complete it and let’s see whether I can complete the list :)
1. Feed the campus wildlife
2. Have an epic karaoke night at your house using just YouTube, booze, and your natural star quality
3. Go on a date with someone you would normally say no to - give them a chance
4. Hand in an essay early
5. Busk on campus for a charity (even if you have zero talent)
6. Teach someone something 7. Read a book that isn’t study-related
8. Hire a bike for a week and see how it works out for you
9. Study in every library that exists at your university (like you’re ‘on tour’ - but studying)
10. Drive to a beach. Swim. (If your uni is miles away from the coast, you’ll just have to stay over)
11. Make your own booze
12. Go to a university sports team’s game. Get vocal and animated with your support.
13. Have an incredibly elaborate picnic on a uni green space one lunch time
14. Sit in on a lecture that’s completely out of your field, but that you’ve always been fascinated by
15. Join a society for something you’ve always wanted to do, but never got round to 16. Apply for internships and jobs
17. Turn up at a 9 am lecture along with all the other students dressed in your PJs and dressing gowns
18. Go to the careers office and speak to them completely honestly - whatever your thoughts and fears, loves and hates…
19. Go on a weekend country jaunt with friends - get as remote as possible
20. Start a conga at a big union night. See how long you can get it, before leading it as far from the music as possible (if you can get it to a house party or another club night, you can officially retire from doing stuff. Your work here is done)
21. Go and see the art departments’ end of year shows
22. Go to a play put on by the drama department or a uni society
23. Get involved in a play or some kind of performance (e.g. fashion show, etc.)
24. Visit all historical building and monuments in your town (including churches)
25. Go out sober and dance all night (at least once, repeat as required)
26. Swim in a fountain (campus if possible, town will do)
27. Go paddling on a hot day
28. Hold your own Come Dine With Me with other student houses
29. Take part in a protest
30. Write in to the uni radio station or newspaper
31. Dress up! As a fictional character, an animal - anything
32. If you think a lecture was particularly good, try and instigate a standing ovation
33. Do something – anything! – silly, for charity
34. Give your parents a in depth tour of all the great stuff you do and love at University (It’ll make for an amazing trip for them, and make them feel happy whenever they think of you at uni)
35. Have a sleepover
36. Play an elaborate prank on a housemate
37. Win a pub quiz (whatever it takes)
38. Make a kite and fly it
39. Have an 80s montage house cleaning session, with appropriate outfits and music blaring
40. Go on a blind date
41. Find out the names of all those people you know far too well to not know their names
42. Dye your hair
43. Sleep out under the stars
44. Make a movie starring your friends and your favourite places
45. Celebrate something by doing the classic shake up a bottle of champagne and spraying it all over yourself and everywhere (or at least do it with sparkling wine..!)
46. Make friends with a student from a country you’ve never known someone from or been to before
47. Go inside (and have a little explore of) every building that is part of the university
48. Become a wise mentor for a Fresher doing your course. Tell them what you wish you’d known
49. Learn a new sport or instrument or activity that you never thought you would
50. Get loads of discounts, free things and cool stuff by joining the UK’s largest student money saving club studentbeans.com, of course!
So today I was chilling at home and my mum suddenly called out to me saying that there’s a bird in the drain. The bird was obviously hurt and scared so it kept going deeper and deeper into the drain and out of reach. We tried flushing it out but it wouldn’t budge so we just stood there waiting for it to emerge. In the end, I just reached it and tried pulling it out and it fluttered out further so I could finally grab it with both hands. I got it out and put it into a small box but I realised that it had a broken neck which was why it couldn’t fly away.
I wanted so badly to take it to the vet so to do something but my parents didn’t want to. My dad wanted me to leave it at the field in front of my house for the other birds to help it but I didn’t want to so I just left it in my garden so I could keep an eye on it and my mum threw some bread into the box for it to eat. I watched from the window and soon two other birds came to the “rescue”. The injured bird wanted to fly away with them but could only hop and so hop it did toward the gate where it stopped.
What I saw next really surprised me because those two birds who I thought were just there for the bread took the bread and hopped to the injured bird and fed it! :’) but soon I had to replenish the bread and in doing so scarred off the two birds. I took the injured bird and put it in the box with more bread and moved it off the grass onto a more open area. I was trying my best to use some of my first aid skills I learnt back in school to wrap it so that the neck would realign and heal so that it could fly properly but I couldn’t do it cause it was so small and it kept pulling off whatever I tried to wrap around it. So after a while of futile first aiding on the bird, I just let it hop around till after dinner where I came back and put it back in the box and was trying to feed it and force it to drink some water.
The guard is just outside my house so he was peeking through the fence wondering what was happening (which freaked my mum out cause there was suddenly somewhere at our fence) and he was asking whether we found a dog and when my mum told him it was a bird, he said he has a cage at home and so my mum asked him whether he wanted the bird and passed it to him and thus it is now is his care :D
I was super happy cause my dad was forcing me to leave it at the field tomorrow. At least I didn’t have to put it down or leave it to die. Wheee :DL
After a (very) long time, I decided to start getting on the treadmill again and the day that I decided to finally get started would also be the day I eat like a pig and waste all effort.
I forced myself to wake up and do 20 minutes on the treadmill and told myself that I would control what I ate from then onwards BUT that was soon scraped cause my mum cooked bacon, eggs, little pork sausages, and bread.
I thought that my unhealthy eating would cease for the day till at least dinner but noooo! It just intensified. I met up with Galvin and our unexpected food adventure begun. He just woke up so we headed down to eat. There was this Thai bazaar happening so we decided to just eat there. We wanted Mango Sticky Rice but it wasn’t ready so we ended up eating Mango Kerabu AND Tom Yam noodles.
I really wanted to eat Mango Sticky Rice so we went to another stall and ordered that….. and chicken feet kerabu. By the end of it, we were both stuffed. I was super tempted to eat the durians Galvin bought the day before but I didn’t wanna spoil my appetite for dinner since we were heading to Publika in Hartamas :D
We hung around till it was time for dinner where we proceeded to Publika. I brought my GPS so we started following it at first and realized that it was taking us to LDP and knowing LDP, it would take us forever to reach so we cut through Putra Heights and back onto the Kesas and headed toward Old Klang Road as per Galvin’s cousin’s instructions. We were totally lost there so we decided to follow the GPS and low and behold, my GPS starting running out of battery and I didnt bring the charger since the battery was almost full when I took it. So we just kept following it as much as we could and signboards and whatever we could. Galvin couldn’t really understand my GPS so we kept taking the wrong turns and suddenly we were in KL Sentral which was pretty far off course. We were trying to find our way back to the Federal when my GPS decided to give up on us and so we were surviving on signboards and being in Malaysia those are no help when you’re horribly lost.
We somehow found our way back to some highway (we went onto so many different ones that after awhile I didn’t even care which highway we were on as long as they lead us in the somewhat right direction) and saw Kerinchi Link and it was like a blessing from heaven because Galvin knew how to get to Publika from there. We were finally on the right highway and arrived at Publika at about 9pm and we left about 7.30pm.
We ate at the Swine and the food there was good but oh so fattish and guilty. Galvin ordered pork chop with sour cream and sauerkraut while I ordered the spaghetti carbonara and we ordered chilli fries to share. At the end of it, I felt like a ball! D: But as the saying goes, there’s always space for dessert :P I really wanted to eat some Tutti Frutti or Moo Cow but they were already closing when we walked out plus my stomach was screaming for mercy me to stop so stop I did. Moo Cow/Tutti Frutti, I shall save you for another day :D
So we decided to head back home since everything was closing and I wanted to get back home before my parents started calling and all. We left around 9.30pm and mind you, my GPS was still dead. Galvin said he more or less knew the way back but apparently, he didnt know enough to get us home and thus we got lost AGAIN! XD We ended up in the heart of KL going round and round and we had to make a stop because of a toilet emergency :P
After that was done, we continued our mission of finding our way home. We just kept going and tried following signs that we thought might lead us out. There were so many instances where Galvin said, “Okay! This is the highway to go back d!” and somehow we’d end up even further from where we should be. We were once headed toward Kajang. I have no idea how many U-turns we made. Somehow we ended up at some roundabout where for the first time in ages I saw the word Petaling Jaya! (If you’ve traveled in the city center you’ll notice that most signboards only lead you to roads in KL and not to highways) So we headed that way and got stuck in a jam at the roundabout because of some accident and some how citizens became traffic police and directed traffic with flashing torchlights and all. So anyways, we kept going and going and passed Hospital UKM where I decided to finally call my dad and get directions back home but he didn’t know where we were and couldn’t help us and I had just dug my own grave for when I got home. I told my dad that we would just head back to the city center and get directions from there and we did get back to the city BUT we finally saw PJ and took that turn off and… *cue angelic music* we were on the Federal Highway back home! :’)
On the way back to drop Galvin back we saw ANOTHER accident with a long stream of cars. From what I saw it looked like a car went into a ditch or something. On my way back to Klang, I saw ANOTHER accident. Thank God I was not travelling at the speed I usually do and on auto-pilot drive at that hour because if I had, I wouldn’t have been able to avoid the accident. It was on the right lane and I saw from afar that there was a stalled car so I slowed down and cut out and I didn’t expect such a serious accident. It looked like a Saga hit a Hilux and spun because it was like this “-” instead of “|” . There was a whole lot of glass on the road.
So that was my little food adventure :) and I’ll be posting what happened today after this since this post is horribly long. Thanks for reading through the whole thing for those of you who stuck with me this far :D
My dreams are becoming super bizarre. A lot of mornings I wake up thinking, “What the heck was that?! It doesn’t even make any sense!!”
For some reason last night, I dreamt that was enlisted to go for National Service and as usual, I forgot to pack. (The last time I dreamt that I was flying off to the UK and I didn’t pack anything and so I opened my suitcase threw everything and went to the airport to find out that I left my beloved pillow at home. =_=) So I started panicking cause we had to go back to our old schools to get some serial number so we could register and show that we were in school or something like that. Then I met up with my old teacher but I forgot her name. And she looked much older for some reason. Like she aged a whole lot.
Why I was panicking was also cause if I was unprepared, emotionally and mentally prepared to leave my family for such a long time. (Thinking too much about when or even IF I leave for the UK. =_=) But yeah. I think that was pretty much the dream. I couldn’t remember the rest.